Avencast

Official 'Avencast - Rise of the Mage' discussion board
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Patches for downloaded games?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:07 pm 

I downloaded Avencast from VirginMedia. It is version 1.1. I have downloaded the three patches but none of them will patch my downloaded version of the game.

VirginMedia says, “We are constantly working with the developers in order to bring you the special download version patches. Due to grueling testing procedures, and the editors not always being very transparent about their patches, we are not always able to bring you the latest patches the day they are released for retail versions.” (My italics.) Sarcastic HA-HA!!

I have hit what I believe to be a known bug in version 1 in the Planetarium where the lever to send the message will not unlock. I have read every word on these forums to no avail. It seems a patch is the only answer.

I have tried multiple times, resetting the lasers and reloading older save games. Nothing works. I have done all (I think) of the other side quests in this area and there is not a soul alive anywhere who should not be. I can not now move forward. Incidentally, I also can no longer speak to the "send a message" quest giver. Is there any hope for me other than starting again, playing through to this point and getting stuck again?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Clive.