Avencast

Official 'Avencast - Rise of the Mage' discussion board
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Health potion + blood drain not working
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:23 pm 

I bought Avencast on Stardock's Impulse, have played through on Normal (with no bugs encountered), and am now trying to finish Hard with an almost pure blood mage. A key point in my strategy is to drain life after whenever I inevitably get hit while fighting in close. This has worked fine until I entered the Kyranian lands, but now the health is rising at a snail's pace regardless of how much I drain, and health potions are not working either.

I searched a bit for the same problem, and only found a thread from 2007 where this was only a small part of the report, and wasn't resolved anyway. I may have done the same thing as is mentioned there though, repeatedly mashing the drink potion key (2) when desperately trying to hit F2 (circle attack).

I noticed that the draining suddenly works again when I gain a level. It then stops working again after a bit, not sure exactly when. Possibly it is upon loading a new stage, or when I load an autosaved game after dying (happens a lot lately), but I'm not quite sure that this happens each time. The bug is also apparently written into the savegame, as it will never work when I load certain savegames, but will work when I load an older game - but then not when I load the newer one again.

A savegame where it should reproduce: http://www.myfileupload.net/download.ph ... 3c16e5fa37
The log file, if you need it: http://www.myfileupload.net/download.ph ... 49f6c89733

Post subject: Re: Health potion + blood drain not working
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:35 pm 

While the response here hasn't been overwhelming, I can report that I was able to work around this by saving often and always in new slots. Hard is completed, and I won't be playing again in the foreseeable future. You may still want to fix this issue for the sake of other customers however.