Avencast

Official 'Avencast - Rise of the Mage' discussion board
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Theodious: The demon's staff bug ...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:28 am 

I have killed every single mob in every single room of every single area in the whole god damned castle. No staff has dropped yet.

I've searched and found some threads on the same problem, and those people needed to reload an older savegame to fix it. There is no way in hell that I am spending another 10 hours playing this game due to this company using programmers that don't know what they are doing.

Am I mad? Of course I am. It's probably been about 3 hours or so since I finished the other quests - e.g., I've been running around killing shit in search of some bigger badder mob to loot the staff from for 3 whole hours. Just to emphasize, you are what, level 12 or so when you arrive here? Well, I'm level 20 now.

I paid for this game, and I swear to god if there isn't some fix out there I'll uninstall this game, throw it out and make it my mission that as few people as I know will buy this game.

Post subject: Re: Theodious: The demon's staff bug ...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:45 am 

Hah.

Never mind. I fixed this myself. Thankfully, I am a programmer myself, so I was able to fiddle with the quest scripts for the quest, so that when the level of the quest was checked to see if it was where I it would be had I looted the staff, it would always be true.

I forgive you guys, though. No wonder the quests are so bugged. The scripting part is complete shit. Come on, why didn't you guys just use lua or something, instead of developing some hacked up version of C to use as a scripting language?

Post subject: Re: Theodious: The demon's staff bug ...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:56 pm 
Kyranian Master

why do you think it is a problem related to the type of scripting language? C is simply the most familiar language for the majority of programmers, I don't see what should be wrong with it.
Instead of beefing about Avencast you could be more constructive helping us find and solve this bug.
Michael