Avencast

Official 'Avencast - Rise of the Mage' discussion board
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: "Cheated Character", but I didn't cheat.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:39 pm 

Was wondering if I'm doing something wrong accidentally, or if this is an odd bug/glitch. I've started this game three times, not passing farther than the crystal caves as the game informs me that I have a 'cheated' character when I hover over the difficulty corner (upper left) of the character window. I don't want a cheated character, and as far as I know I have not done anything that would incur a cheated label.

I am aware that switching difficulty levels will label your character as a cheated one, and this is not the case. I am playing on the normal difficulty (though it happens on the easy difficulty as well), and have not switched from it.

Also, trying to revert to an earlier save game doesn't seem to help, as they all say I have cheated. Though my save files don't take me to far back (less than an hour of gameplay)

The only thing I can think of that might be a cause for this is that, on rare occasions, in battle the framerate drops and I can hear my characters spells being cast (though they aren't actually cast, as no additional damage is inflicted on the enemy) without actually seeing it, as the screen freezes up a little.

I am going to restart another game, making as many separate saves as I can, to try to pinpoint the cause and to see if I can separate the cheated label from an earlier save point, and to generally discern as much information as I can to aid in any assistance.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. This is a great game, I was surprised when I got home and played it at how good it is. I picked this up new for $10 (Canadian folks, that's like...3 cents to everyone else) thinking it couldn't hurt. A game this good being sold for so cheap is not getting the respect it deserves. Keep up the great inventing.

Post subject: Re: "Cheated Character", but I didn't cheat.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:14 am 
Kyranian Master

Thanks for the very supporting feedback!

This cheated issue is strange though. Did you install any patches? If you install the dev kit, then the character will also turn into a cheated one.
Greetings,
Michael