Avencast

Official 'Avencast - Rise of the Mage' discussion board
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: newbie trying to get rid of TARTARUS
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:43 pm 
Adept

I just started playing Avencast and I can't seem to get rid of that nasty skeleton in the crypts of the academy any suggestions.....I've tried kicking butt but I've had mine kicked atleast 8 or 9 times!!!!

Post subject: Re: newbie trying to get rid of TARTARUS
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:05 pm 
Adept

now I can safely say He's killed me atleast 10-12 times .....HELP!!!! What is this about an imp distracting the skeletons and where can I get him...I am Desperate!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:55 pm 
Kyranian Master

buy a summoning spell like the imp so you have a companion to fight tertius, which makes it somewhat easier.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:31 am 

celticgirl wrote:
I just started playing Avencast and I can't seem to get rid of that nasty skeleton in the crypts of the academy any suggestions.....I've tried kicking butt but I've had mine kicked atleast 8 or 9 times!!!!

One thing I like about this game is the level of difficulty. The first thing I did was remap the Q key for a quick spell. It's easier to reach than the F1 F2 keys or doing the combo. For skeletons running and gunning works well. Stay on the move to avoid direct hits and take quick shots at them. Be sure to use cover as well (Lamps, Walls, Sarcophagus eses) to heal up. Be sure to take the big guy down first because he will summon more skeletons.

Finally, be sure you cleaned all of the goodies out of the level. There are some good items.

The imp is a spell that you can acquire when you level up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:18 pm 
Adept

I killed him before I got my imp just by running around a lot and sniping him with my biggest nuke from a distance. It took a long time, and a lot of running around, but his attacks are easy to dodge if you don't let him close. Not sure how a blood mage would manage if they didn't have at least some distance spells. I found his summoned critters more of a pain than him, especially if they got in the way of a nuke and took one for the team.