Avencast

Official 'Avencast - Rise of the Mage' discussion board
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Show Your Char!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:59 am 
Adept

Would like to present my Char and looking forward for your's.

I finished with my lvl 37 Blood path Mage :)

Bm = Blood Magic
Sm = Soul Magic
Hp = Hit Points
D = Defence
Ma = Magic armor
Mspeed = Move Speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:54 am 
Adept

Lvl 36, Soul Magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:55 am 
Adept

Level 35 Soul Magic

I tried a billion times and i can't get the thumb thing to work :evil:
http://lh3.google.com/gacmyver/Rz-EWzO4L2I/AAAAAAAAAaw/AYI18-0EiAw/avencast%20gacmyver.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:04 pm 
Adept

http://home.cogeco.ca/~injekt/ac_scrshot2.bmp[/img]

blame the dev's that the image is a bmp! :P

Finished Level 38, as a Blood Mage, w/ 109617 Fame. 892 Blood Skill (Cyclone of Blood Vengeance tool tip read just under 4700 damage, felt sorta sorry for morgath to be honest. :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:05 pm 
Kyranian Master

press Shift+PrintScreen to make a jpg :wink:

Post subject: Re: Show Your Char!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:03 pm 
Adept

Blood mage 35.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:02 pm 
Adept

I hope my text shows, but anyway, this is my Level 38 Soul Mage and I just finished the game 2 hours ago from this post! So great game, I can't believe it. I will replay it as BloodMage again. Ya, sure I suck. I play at Easy because I don't want unbalanced game (or at least not negativt, haha). I will get some challange when I'm blood I guess. Anyone else like mana regeneration? I have 24, pretty good. :D

Attachments:
Vael lvl 38 SoulMage.JPG
Vael lvl 38 SoulMage.JPG [ 155.7 KiB | Viewed 13369 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:56 am 

Nobody's playing on Hard Level ? Well kinda make my fame very low ! :roll:

edit : oops no fame visible (around 20 000)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:18 pm 
Mage

why cant the devs make the next patch include some program that we could use to link our chars to your forum profiles, or to like a ranking system. might not seem like much use, but could build on it to make co-op and all that later on. peice by peice i say. hell, why dont you do dlc for the game to add features and quests? what not. im sure everyone here would be willing to copp in 2 dollars per upgrade edition that you put on dlc(as long as there a rounded out dlc).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:24 am 
Mage

Tchoi what weapon is that you have eqiuped?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:20 pm 

phew, finally finished the game :)
Mine is level 38 soul magician:

Am I the only one or are the most items for BloodMages? Or is this game engine - if you're SM, than you get more BloodMagic items and vice versa?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:37 pm 

Vashar the Soul Mage.

Almost all my points went into Soul Magic except for about 10 that went into mana. I bought the 3 ranged freeze spells and all the spells required to get the ultimate soul mage attack. Shield, the turret one, and the seahorse. And only the invis spell from Bloodmage.

My spells were close to doing 2k dmg each by the time I got to Morgath, but I mostly just did Soul Chalice to beat him since I needed mobility.

My favorite tactic was to invis and ambush with a meteor or ultimate attack, run to reinvis repeat. It was so effective that I laughed whenever I could ultimate a big line of enemies.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:04 am 
Kyranian Master

pretty nice fame value!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:28 pm 

(re-sized from 1920x1200).

First time through the game. I only spent points on the two soul chalices, the seahorse summon, and soul magic.

Here's my review of your game! (the review of a no-name gamer).

I'm a pretty extreme min-maxer, so I couldn't waste points, but it wasn't very exciting to go through the combat with only 1 attack, watching and listening to just soul chalice over and over. It would have been more fun to play with more soul magic spells and summons, so there was a bit of a conflict between having the most fun possible and making the most optimal character. I'll probably go through again on hard but with a small amount of cheating to unlock everything and experience all the spells and summons I missed, and all the different animations, sounds, and effects that went into them. Perhaps by adding spell synergies (i.e. having ice bullet give a tiny bonus to another spell for example) or slightly changing the progression system (i.e. every 4th level the hero gets 4 attribute points and 1 free spell) would result in more fun for those with the min-max mindset.

The first time I saw the drawn art cutscenes I rolled my eyes a little, but they started to grow on me and now I think they are more creative, fun, and memorable than the expensive video you see in games like Age of Conan, Hellgate London, etc. The viewers own imagination is a powerful tool that the vast majority of games nowadays fail to utilize. Wizardry 8 was the last game I played that used drawn art like in avencast, but you guys did it better.

I loved the puzzles and traps. I find a lot of new games now just create a room and plop monsters in them. Age of Conan is a perfect example. High budget, beautiful game, but the systems design is stale. Players need more than square rooms with mobs standing around, and that's why puzzles and traps are so great. It also changes pacing, which is very good, because endlessly hacking away at monsters without anything else to the game (like in Mythos for example) gets boring.

I initially disliked not having the z-axis in Avencast's design (i.e. not being able to jump, with no twitch/timer based traps involving jumping), but I'm so used to hopping all over the place that not worrying about jumping ended up being fun. Kind of an old-school feel like Diablo 1. Dungeons and dragons online did some very heart racing things with fully 3D design though, like a level with air jets that shoot you upward and you have to navagate across these thin pipes and progress upward while avoiding flame jets and attacks coming from all angles.

I also missed some first person aspects (sweeping vistas, being able to look at the sky and far in the distance, advanced/dynamic AI tactical and squad behaviour, with physics and a very interactive environment, like in the source engine (half-life 2, dark messiah, vampire masquerade: bloodlines). But that would take this game to a different genre.

Nonetheless, Avencast was refreshing and enjoyable. You have some good talent on your team. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:47 am 

could any one help me to find some thing?