Avencast

Official 'Avencast - Rise of the Mage' discussion board
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Acedemy Crypt - Taertius
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:22 pm 

I'm at the part where your asked to clear the crypt under your school, I need to get through a door in front of me to get to Taertius but the lever to activate the floating platform that moves through the rooms is missing. Ive searched every room apart from 2 which I cannot access one is the one that has a broken bridge as the only access. The other room has a gate that is locked.

I spent ages here and I don't know what to do I hear that the lever is dropped by a monster you kill in the crypt, Ive killed everything and still no lever, I cant seem to find any walk through for the game, is this because it is relatively new?

thanks

Last edited by sectus on Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:32 pm 
Mage

A skeleton is holding the broken level as a weapon. You will see that skeleton during a cut scene involving a group of skeletons vs a group of ghosts. Kill that skeleton and grab the broken level.

It is somewhere after the alphabet puzzle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:44 pm 

Could I have lost the lever? do you automaticaly pick it up or do you have to take it manually?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:04 pm 
Aventroll

You have to pick it up manually, and it's the skeleton you see in a cutscene... if you've beaten the bunch of undead that trigger the cutscene, you should have it already. If not, it's probably around the place you killed them somewhere, it should be in a dead skeleton.

Post subject: Re: Acedemy Crypt - Taertius
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:04 pm 
Adept

Sorry to revive a 2 years old thread, but I just didn't feel like starting a new thread about it.

I cleared all the area in the crypt, all the looked door, riddle, puzzle...

I got the cutscene (although at that time I didn't realize it was to show me the missing lever) and killed the skeletons.

When I hit F to highlight stuff, some skeletons all around the crypt light up. Whoever, I never been able to open an inventory interface like when you plunder a sarcophagus when searching for skeletons. So I never found any lever at all on any skeleton.

Question : Do you search corpses the same way you search sarcophagus (I mean same key)?
Do you have to stand in a particular distance from it, right over it?
Is only the skeleton with the missing lever you can interact with or I should be able to do interact with every highlighted skeletons (just to know if this is a bug or what)?

EDIT : I reloaded a save at start of crypt, did it all again to the skeleton with the lever. I killed him. I see on ground the missing lever but I can't seem to be able to pick it up. Is this a bug?

Thanks all