Avencast

Official 'Avencast - Rise of the Mage' discussion board
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:37 pm 

thank you for clear explanation, it worked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:56 pm 
Aventroll

No problem, glad to have helped. You'll have some more issues with the planetarium later, but you know the basics of it now, that should be perfectly enough... remember though, anything concerning GIVING power to ANYTHING is done via the blue laser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:03 pm 
Adept

Persuader wrote:
1. Sit on the telescope and target the blue star.
2. Aim the blue laser you've just produced at the south mirror (on the wall of the room, it's the only "open" mirror, the other have some braces on them)
3. Go to the south room, and use the yellow mirror in the middle of the room to direct the blue beam into the left mirror. That will make the beam go into the west room.
4. Go into the west room and use the yellow rotating mirror to direct the beam at the centerpiece of the big machine near the wall.

I'm aiming but not producing any blue laser at all
Can anyone check these screenshots and tell me which one is the right star and what am i doing wrong ?
Blue Star Candidate #1 ?

Blue Star Candidate #2 ?

Aimed South Mirror :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:07 pm 
Aventroll

None of them is the blue star. The blue star is a huge thing in the lower-right corner of a nebula, hard to notice at first. The crystal on the left side of the interface will turn blue as soon as you find it, just like it turns red if you aim at the red start... keep trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:21 pm 
Adept

wow thank you it worked XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:26 pm 
Aventroll

No problem, good luck with it. You'll have some more dealings with the planetarium later, but I think that's all as good as answered in this topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:20 pm 

I seem to have the same problem that a few of the earlier posters in this thread have.

I'm on the signaling quest (first quest to use the planetarium), and get the blue beam through the South room to the West room and onto the signaling machine. This makes the machine's crystal light up all nice and pretty.

I then walk over to the signaling machine and pull the lever, but get a "Locked" message.

What am I missing here?
Thanks,
LG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:23 pm 
Aventroll

That's strange. It should work by all means. Could you perhaps take a screenshot and post it here or under bugs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:29 pm 

Well.. that's odd. It fixed itself. I had the problem this morning, so I saved and logged onto the forum to ask about it (see above post). When Persuader asked me to get a screenshot, I hopped back into the game and loaded up my save file.

And guess what? It worked! So it appears that the solution to the bug is to save, exit, hop onto the forum, and then go back to playing. :o

Practically speaking, and for the reference of anyone else who gets this same bug, it may have something to do with leaving the zone and coming back in (either through save / load or through going to the Library and then returning to the Planetarium - I did both, so I don't know which one fixed it.)

-LG
[/img]

Last edited by LawGuy on Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:31 pm 
Arch Mage

Hi!

I think you might have used the wrong machine? Or are you sure you just did the same thing you did before? The help-signal machine is in the East tower, if I remember right, and the one in the West you have tried to use is another machine you'll need for another quest. For the help signal quest you have to direct the blue beam from the telescope through the wall in the North (!) and then with the mirrors to the East.

Anyways, I'm glad you were able to solve the problem.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:40 pm 

Veronica-
I am positive that I did the exact same thing I was doing before. Once I got the beam on the crystal, I didn't move it. When I got the bug, I ran back to the library, saved my game, exited, and popped on the forum. Once I saw Persuader's post, I loaded up my game and ran right back to the same room, with the beam still there, and pulled the lever, expecting to get another "Locked" message. Instead, it worked, so I saved and hopped back on here to post.

On my game, the signal machine is in the West room, as indicated by both the little "quest item here" thingy in my mini-map (Excellent feature, BTW), and by the fact that it worked this time. The path for the beam was South then West for me, which matches the description someone else posted earlier. Maybe the paths are reversed in different localized versions? I can post a screenshot with a close-up of the mini-map if you'd like me to, just to make sure that my problem wasn't caused by my character living in a backwards world. :)

Thank you to both of you for the help!

-LG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:47 pm 
Aventroll

She wrote her post at the same time you were posting yours, so there's been a bit of a mixup. I'm glad things worked themselves out :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:48 pm 
Arch Mage

Ok, thanks for reporting! I'll try have a look at it again soon ...it is possible, that I've confused things now, I can't look it up at the moment, and my memory's far from perfect :).
That it is different in the 2 language versions is not really a possibility. The quests should remain completely the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:19 pm 

If i don't do any mistake, it seems i have a similar problem:

I have redirected the blue beam from the center to the next mirror and so on until the west room, the crystal is glowing but the lever is still locked.
Have i miss something or is it a bug?

(thank you to help me :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:29 pm 

no idea?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next