Avencast

Official 'Avencast - Rise of the Mage' discussion board
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: wow cant figure it out
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:40 pm 
Adept

i got it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:59 pm 

I'm really desperate.
Keep trying to turn on that signaling machine, but it's still "Locked". It is the same bug others found.
It doesn't matter, how many times I Save -Exit-Restart-Load, it is still locked.

Could someone send me a savegame? I'm a soul mage around Lvl. 16 or such.

I know it ruins the game a bit, but still better than stuck. :(

Today restarted from an earlier save, before the Planetarium, and it worked!
Finally, I can continue :D

Post subject: Re: Problems at the Planetarium
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:57 pm 

I'm having a similar problem to the one others have posted here. I aim the beam at the crystal on the signalling machine ... pull the lever and hear a clicking sound. Nothing else happens. I've got games saved where I send the beam directly from the south tower to the west & also a game saved where I send the beam from the south tower to the east then north and finally west. I've saved and exited and restarted many times. Has anyone got a suggestion? If I end up being stuck here I will probably abandon this game ... I've deleted all saved games more than a day or so old. Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:02 pm 

I had that too. Turns out I cut the turning just a little too soon, which you cannot see when standing at the mirror.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:27 am 
Adept

Lol finding the 2 stars was the only part I COULD do right... couldnt figure it out, so I had to come here. Btw they need to give more clues to this kind of stuff.... annoying that there is really no hint on how to use the beam.... atleast.... not a good enough one... im usually pretty good at this stuff, sailed right through the rest of the game and it was all pretty basic.

Time to go continue playing Avencast! :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:26 pm 
Adept

I tried following what you were describing, but I must be doing something wrong...I got the blue beam, but wherever I pointed it I got no response.

In the room where they first direct you to there is machine that sometimes says its locked and another time says it has no energy.In the room by the telescope the is a globe-like thing that says you need a special object...?????

I also cannot access the planetarium book it will not let me pull it out of inventory.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:42 am 
Mage

First time in the planetarium (send message):
Find the blue star with the telescope and put it in the middle of the cross hair. There should be a blue beam of light. Rotate the beam until it points exactly to the south. Rotate the mirror in the south tower (you should see the blue beam here) until the beam is reflected to the north west. Go to the west tower (you should see the blue beam now) and point the beam to the generator in the corner of the room. If you pull the lever now, it should send the desired message.
Second time (destructorus):
Rotate the mirror in the west tower, until the blue beam points to the north east. Go to the north tower and point the beam to the generator in the corner of the room. Put the powerless destructorus in the charging unit and close it. Pull the lever. During the charge a fight will start. Go to the telescope and find the star again. Let the beam hit the enemy, after that you can kill him. Now set everything up as before and finish the charge. get the charged destructorus out of the charging unit and the planetarium is out of interesting things.

If you still have problems: at which step is your problem?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:49 pm 
Adept

I got the blue beam pointing at the generator at the corner but when I try to pull the lever right in front of it, I can't pull it, it is locked. Am I still missing something? I looked through the forum, I should be able to pull the lever and send the message at this point.

Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:30 am 
Adept

This is wierd. I move the blue beam out of the generator and stop mirror. I got a message stating generator has no energy. Then I move the beam back to the generator and I was able to complete the quest.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:32 pm 

Quote:
I'm really desperate.
Keep trying to turn on that signaling machine, but it's still "Locked". It is the same bug others found.
It doesn't matter, how many times I Save -Exit-Restart-Load, it is still locked.

I am having the same problem. It is driving me insane. Having read through the posts above, I am positive I am doing this right. Have tried going back to the library, tried restarting from an earlier save point and redoing the bit with the stars and the mirrors from scratch, downloaded the 1.03 patch. Still "Locked". Aargh...any suggestions gratefully received as I am (was) really enjoying the game.

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:10 am 

I have the same problem but when I downloaded the 1.03 patch,and then reloaded a old save game. At this time, the queat had solved. I think you would try several times and do not complete the other side quests at the same process.It may be make some crash with the Main Quest. And sorry for my bad English: )

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:10 am 

can any one send me a saved file for after the telescop??

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:05 pm 
Adept

szokol wrote:
I'm really desperate.

Could someone send me a savegame? I'm a soul mage around Lvl. 16 or such.

I know it ruins the game a bit, but still better than stuck. :(

Today restarted from an earlier save, before the Planetarium, and it worked!
Finally, I can continue :D

Go to a page 4 in this forum ,the guy name Maximus posted compeate wallkthru from chapter 1 to final 7 ,look at it and read it your solution is in Chapter 1.Best of luck ...sambo-5

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:11 pm 
Adept

Persuader wrote:
None of them is the blue star. The blue star is a huge thing in the lower-right corner of a nebula, hard to notice at first. The crystal on the left side of the interface will turn blue as soon as you find it, just like it turns red if you aim at the red start... keep trying.

you're wrong in one there is a bright blue star right beside that Nobula on right side of that Nobula very close to it...no ofene sambo-5 take care

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:21 pm 
Adept

wing wrote:
I have the same problem but when I downloaded the 1.03 patch,and then reloaded a old save game. At this time, the queat had solved. I think you would try several times and do not complete the other side quests at the same process.It may be make some crash with the Main Quest. And sorry for my bad English: )

Hey I did complete side quiest ,problem is not in the game but leatles games are more demanding for higher up PCs'biger memmories & so on ,start savyng your money & buy beter PC ,or upgreate if U can ,good luck with it sambo-5 take care
:D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next